Designed to provide patrol officers with lifesaving self-defence tactics when dealing with an
The scenarios drilled replicate real life threatening incidents encountered in the line of duty.
The course focuses on lessons learnt from recent armed confrontations, mobile ambush of
police/military and mobile counter ambush tactics, defence tactics against deadly threats in and
around vehicles, and deployment of the police rile/firearms from a vehicle.
• Officer ambush/assault: Review and case study
• Anatomy of an ambush
• Pre assault indicators
• Survival Mindset: Mental preparedness to avoid the freeze
• Counter-ambush/counter- assault tactics
• Close quarter shooting tactics
• Driving out of the ambush: Vehicle or foot- to cover/ no cover
• Tactics in and out of the vehicle
• Secondary threats: Shooter, IED’s
• Vehicle Counter ambush scenarios